Monday October 19 

In this class we ran out of time! This was because of a couple reasons. First of all, a task that we figured would only take a minute of two, dragged into over 5 minutes. This was the task of changing your status. We asked students right at the beginning if they could change their status for us if they had a microphone or camera. I don’t think they understood the instruction clearly enough. It was hard to decide how long to wait and I feel like the wait time was too long; It cut into valuable learning time.  

In this class there was also too much information trying to be taught. This was a good eye-opener because 50 minutes goes by really fast. With beginner readers they need to spend more time on one activity to really grasp the understanding. Rather than trying to get several different tasks done we need to focus of only a couple.  

Students are getting more comfortable turning on mics and speaking. I think this is because of the homework assignment of sending in a picture. They like to share, especially when it is something they are interested in. 

After this week I think the formatting of activities needs to be improved. They need to have clearer instructions and the reading on the page as well. It is hard to do an activity with a reading when it is not on the page to refer back to.